Question:
Should I get a Facebook?
2012-05-06 08:35:10 UTC
Okay I'm 15 and I never had a Facebook and I could always get a Facebook if I wanted to and im gonna be in high school next year and I figured I should so I can know what's going on in band and stuff like that but I feel like I'll have no friends for some reason and I feel like it will cause drama and I feel like people only get Facebook becuz everyone else has a Facebook so I don't really wanna be like everyone else but I don't want to be the only onebin high school with out one and anyway I always feel left out when I hear my friends talk about Facebook but I'm just worried I won't have any friends or like I don't know what to post or anything like that should I add people or what I just dont wanna look like a new bee or something I don't know what should I do? (sorry about my spelling and grammar) :) please help thanks! Xoxo
Six answers:
!?????!
2012-05-06 08:48:34 UTC
You should!

People join Facebook for many reasons. You won't look like a Newbie. Post albums (family reunions, hangout with friends, show off your photography skills, etc.) so you won't look like a newbie, add family (and family friends) if your comfortable so you can get a start on friends, I personally don't post ANYTHING on my Facebook wall and no one notices. If you think you'll get noticed then 'like' photos/comments of other people, comment things on people's wall or profile pictures. People WANT friends on Facebook so if you know people; add them. They will surely add you back. It's not like Twitter if you follow people, some won't follow you back because they want the appearance their "liked" (my opinion.) Facebook on the other hand is a win-win situation.

My suggestion: Do it now because when you reach high school they'll notice your a newbie more.
Crystal
2012-05-06 08:53:26 UTC
You should join FB for school and friend reasons, don't post personal info on it cause I heard that bosses now are checking up on your FB to decide whether to give you a job or not. But FB definitively helps a lot when it comes to school work. If you don't understand something you have a lot of friends by you. Hopes this helps
2012-05-06 08:40:31 UTC
Its just facebook, its nothing special. Its handy for keeping in touch with people, the only reason i use it is coz its handy for group invites and birthdays. We have an Airsoft group and im bad for remembering b-days.

As for posting stuff just post things u like. Youtube videos / songs u like. Trust me compared to the crap plp post on facebook each day its next to impossible to embarrass yourself on FB. Like 50% of the stuff u see is drunk people in nightclubs or house partys. Get a facebook account, try it out dont link it. Dont use it :P
2012-05-06 08:39:25 UTC
Well... you should get facebook to know what all of your fiends from middle and elementary school are up to, not just because everyone else has one.

It's like getting a cell phone, everyone has one, but you get it because you need it, not because everyone else has it.

Hope the advice helped!! :)
2012-05-06 08:55:09 UTC
you definitely should get facebook. from your question i realize that you are a little bit shy to meet with new people, so i think facebook can help you here. after starting your new facebook you will automatically learn how to chat with other its very easy.
Arthur
2012-05-06 08:38:25 UTC
If you don't want your data to be used for advertising: no.