Question:
i want to cancel my facebook acct and page?
Diana
2010-09-15 17:06:58 UTC
i want to totally cancel facebook from my computer and delete anything on that acct. i no longer want to be part of facebook. and i want that to happen now! i have been trying, without success for days and no one can help me. where are the people that do these things for users? cancel-cancel-cancel- my facebook page, acct and anything to d o with facebook!diana edwards.
Three answers:
shutuppauface
2010-09-15 17:15:45 UTC
Go to Account -- Account Setting -- Deactivate Account, then follow the instructions.

OR try this:

https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

It looks like deactivation is temporary and they make you jump through hoops to delete it entirely.

HINT: Before you do, manually delete all your pix and personal information to ensure it's gone from FB before you hand it over to them.
Tim
2010-09-15 17:17:13 UTC
Let's clear some things up first, When you deactivate your account, that's it, everything is deleted off their servers within a month, when you do deactivate it no one will be able to access your page or photos, but if other people have photos of you they will still be on their photo albums.

Now to the process of deleting your account.

Click on Account (top right corner)

Account settings

At the bottom of the page it says "Deactivate Account" Click the blue link with the same name on the right of it.

A stupid screen comes up asking why you're leaving Facebook (you have to do this now)

Just choose any option other then "Other" because then it will ask for you to type why you're leaving

At the bottom is also a box saying: Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook.

Note: Even after you deactivate, your friends can still invite you to events, tag you in photos or ask you to join groups. If you opt out, you will NOT receive these email invitations and notifications from your friends. (I would click the box if you want to totally remove facebook from contacting you)

At the bottom click the "Confirm" link.

Hopefully you are done! Good luck.
tietjen
2016-12-14 08:41:51 UTC
Oh wow, i'm going contained in direction of the suitable comparable factor. Understandably, this remark is basically with reference to all people else examining this positioned up questioning the comparable factor. i've got been relationship the comparable guy on and rancid for 3 years now. We argue lots and long previous through hell and lower back. He bumped off me from facebook as quickly as we broke up the 1st time, blocked me, and we've not been facebook pals because of the fact. i'm getting dissatisfied and style of insecure approximately what he may well be doing on there, because of the fact he's inner maximum approximately basically approximately each and every thing. that's in all probability because of the fact I question each and every thing he does and make a controversy approximately it. yet he replaced into speaking/cheating with different women (whether they in no way did something). To good it off, long distance relationship. in any case, it does not help the situation by bringing it up because of the fact on the tip of the day, you won't be able to tension them to be your buddy or view their posts. now and lower back it makes for one nasty combat or might desire to effect in being broken up with. in case you have motives to have confidence him, then you definately shouldn't care approximately facebook. in case you do no longer, then you definately might basically might desire to be careful yet attempt to no longer subject approximately it. basically like they pronounced, it relatively is a testing factor and a thank you to defuse any drama fairly if something and each thing he does you go lower back and say, "What replaced into that?!" have confidence me, if a dude desires to cheat, he will locate different mediums of contacting women people different than basically facebook. Too undesirable i could no longer pay attention the tip effect to what occurred because of the fact i'm particular it may be sensible to me now!